LPWAN FOR IOT CONNECTIVITY
NETOP brings you LPWAN turn key solutions with different types of sensors and connectivity choices.
WHAT IS LPWAN?
LPWAN (low-power-wide-area-network) is a new type of radio technology used for wireless data communication in different Internet of Thing applications and M2M solutions. Key features inherent in the technology are the long range of communication, low bit rate and small power budget of transmission.
BEST CONNECTIVITY CHOICE FOR IOT
- Range from 5 to 50 km in different environment conditions
- High autonomy of smart devices with a lifetime from 10 to 20 years.
- A small portion of data transmitted with low throughput which is may vary from few bit/sec to 100s bit/sec.
- Inexpensive radiomodules and chipsets depending on vendor may vary from few dollars to 10s dollars.
- Low latency, which is basically not a key parameter in IoT apps.
- Less number of access points (base stations, gateways) to cover wide area such as city or even country.
- Good penetration in case of sub-GHz ISM frequency used and better network coverage in the open district area.
There are several wireless technologies allowing today to deploy wireless sensor network. They are suitable for different applications with regards to bandwidth and range. Most of IoT and M2M solutions require long-range communication link with low bandwidth and are not well covered with traditional technologies. That is right time and place for LPWAN technology which is quite good for these emerging sensor applications.
The scheme below shows the benefits of low-power network relative to traditional ones.
LPWAN - RIGHT TECHNOLOGY FOR IOT
CHOOSE YOUR LPWAN
If you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to get in touch. We’re here to help. Tell us about your needs in the IoT connectivity.